Tuesday, December 18, 2012

10 days

In just 10 days my baby girl will be a year old.  I always heard people say "I wish time would stop", but I never truly understood it until now.  Right now. I haven't slowed down enough to really let it sink in, but tonight it hit me.  10 days. 10 days people. How in the world is this possible.  The only thing appropriate to do at a time like this was look at pictures of her birth.  So thats what I did.  Mistake. Huge mistake.  I want to go back to that day so bad, but then again no the heck I dont.  It was truly the best day of my life, labor and all.  I say all the time I would do it over 500 times, it was the most exciting day.  But, it was scary too.  We were clueless. I can see it all over our faces. (Tyler and I)  It is so so nice to be able to say that we finally have it all together.  As we flipped through the pictures Tyler said "I think next time we will be ok, we've got this down now"  Did you hear that?  He said "next time" HOLY COW...I knew the day would come, but didn't know it would come this soon.  He wouldn't utter those words 1 month ago. 

The last year has just flown by.  I look at her all the time and wonder how it happened so fast.  She isn't a baby anymore.  She's a very very busy toddler.  By busy I don't just mean she walks around.  She runs.  She is non stop unless she is sleeping.  I think this is why she sleeps so good. Her newest trick is holding up one finger.  We say "How old is Liza" and she holds up one finger, but her favorite part is the clapping afterwards and her famous "YAY"  She loves dancing and swaying back and forth.  She blows kisses, except her version of this is only the kiss part, she forgets to blow it.  She loves for you to sing and she sings along.  At night after her baths we use the hair dryer and she sings the whole time.  She is just so much fun.  I don't remember our life before her.  It has so much more meaning now. 

In 10 days we will celebrate her first birthday.  Not only will I be celebrating her birthday, I will also celebrate the fact that we made it.  Thanks to so many.  We made it an entire year without "really" messing up.  I think I just may get 3 candles.  One for Liza, Tyler, and me.

XOXO,
Liza's mom

That was then...This is now


No comments:

Post a Comment