Sunday, March 18, 2012

Honesty

A few months back I saw a sign on pinterest that said something to the effect of "if only your life were as good as it seems on fb"...oh how true this is...judging from 80% of the post I see daily most people I know have the perfect life... What.ev.er...

My eyes have been opened in the last three months...life is far from perfect...there are certainly parts of it that seem perfect like watching Liza sleep and dream and smile and make sweet sounds...but in reality it's not perfect...at all...Im going to be completely honest...it's hard, very hard, and if you say it's not hard at times...you are lying to yourself...I feel very lucky or should I say blessed to have a healthy baby girl and a husband by my side...not one day goes by that I don't think of single mothers or women who can't have children...my heart breaks for them...becoming a mother makes you look at life in an entirely new perspective...

The first month was very hard for me...I believe I was a tad bit depressed...I was very emotional and hard on myself...it was like one day I just woke up and felt like spencer again...life with Liza just became the norm...we developed a routine and got the hang of all this new stuff...but to say its all perfect wouldn't be the truth...just today I had a bit of a meltdown...Liza was fussy after church...nothing was making her happy...so we sat down in the rocking chair and both cried... Within minutes she was asleep and I laid down too..we both slept 3 hours...I realized when I woke that she wasn't the only one over-tired...mom was too...

So if you are a first time mom or expecting soon, just hear me out...you are completely normal for not feeling like your living in a fairy tale land all the time... I'm sure I will be talked about for being so honest..but it's the truth...Liza is 100% perfect but every day won't feel perfect...so cry your eyes out and take a 3 hour nap...it helps...

Happy Spring...
Liza's Mom

1 comment: