Monday, March 26, 2012

My Challenge...


On February 8 I woke up, and 6 weeks was up. I had been looking forward to this day for quite sometime...I knew all along that I was going to try my hardest to lose my pregnancy weight, but wasn't sure how...

When I found out I was pregnant I was big into running... I had just completed my first half marathon, which was HUGE for me bc before the training for it I had never run a mile in my life.  Before I began running I was very active,  I completed 90 days of p90x and was in the middle of insanity when I began running.  I never finished insanity and that always bothered me.  Before p90x I wasn't into exercising.  Throughout highschool I cheered, and that kept me in shape.  Then came college and I did NOTHING.  I gained way more than freshman 15.  I wasn't happy with myself at all, but to be honest a lot was going in those years...besides weight.

I started dating Tyler in June of 2008.  He is very active and rubbed off on me.  I ordered p90x knowing NOTHING about it and dove right in.  My results were more than I ever expected.  So with all that being said I've worked hard to be in shape.  I am in no way someone who can eat what they want and stay thin while doing nothing. 

When I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted to stay in the gym.  I went up until 1 week before I had Liza.  At times it was hard, but I knew in the end it would help me.  I gained most of my weight in my hips and thighs and knew it wouldn't fall off on its own. 

Fast forward to February 8th.  At first I was determined to pick up with p90x.  I knew it would work.  It had before and it would again.  I realized quickly that I was bored with it and needed something new.  I heard about Brazillian Butt Lift and did a little research- sold... All I needed were a few reviews saying it worked ;)  I started BBL and loved it, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking about Insanity.  There is no doubt BBL is effective, but I needed to sweat and be exhausted when I finished, and I wasn't. A few days later I watched a video of a girl who completed insanity.  She told her story and showed her before and after pics.  I haven't stopped thinking about it since I watched it.  Then I woke up and the infomercial was on tv...Thats it! I had to do it... So I've made my mind up... I started Insanity and I will not stop until May 19th.  Not bc I want a nice body for summer, not bc I want to wear a bikini, but bc I want to feel good again. I want to have energy and be the best I can be.  So I took pictures, I did measurements and I started.  I know it wont be easy and there will be days I just want to go to bed or sleep late instead of work out, but Im doing this...if not for me for Liza.  I'm not trying to be super thin and a size 0...thats not me, but I am trying to be my healthiest...

I will update in 30 days, and again at the end of my challenge...Now that I have put it out there for the world to see, I can't be a quiter!


Happy Monday...Happy Spring
Liza's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment